POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oval Box : Re: Oval Box Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:26:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oval Box
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 14 Feb 2005 14:18:03
Message: <4210f96b$1@news.povray.org>
"Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet> wrote in message

> very much so. great texture too. however, what are those artifacts on the
> bottom left corner of the lid? they look like they sort of continue all
> around the bottom edge of the lid, but are more noticeable on the left
> side.

Thanks!

...and, Hmmm...  I'm not sure.  I hadn't noticed that.  I thought those
might be j-peg artifacts, but they're in the original BMP image also.  I
wonder if they are a result of my isosurface-heightfield.  Maybe I need to
check my max-gradient or something (though I always thought that led to
black spots).

I'll have to fiddle around with it a bit more, and perhaps see if I missed a
warning in the code parser.

--
Jeremy
www.beantoad.com